- Royal Icing
- 6 (4-inch) sugar ice-cream cones
- 12 (5-inch) red and white candy canes, coarsely crushed
- 12 (5-inch) green candy canes, coarsely crushed
- Edible glitter or sparkling sugar (optional)
- Spoon icing into a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Snip a 1/4-inch hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe 2 rows of points around 1 cone, beginning at large end and working upward, to resemble a tree. Sprinkle with candy and, if desired, glitter. Repeat procedure until cone is decorated. Invert 2 cones; stack, securing with icing. Repeat decorating procedure. Invert remaining 3 cones, and stack, securing with icing; repeat decorating procedure. Insert larger candy pieces into trees, if desired. Let stand 8 hours. Store in a cool, dry place up to 1 month.
- NOTE: For fuller trees, double icing recipe, and repeat piping procedure.
- For the kids: Cut marshmallows from 1 (16 ounce) package in half with powdered sugar-coated scissors; cut each half into 4 pieces. Spread cones with 1 (16 ounce) container ready-to-spread cream cheese frosting. Press marshmallow pieces in rows around cones according to directions, adding frosting as necessary. Insert candy into icing between marshmallows; lightly rub additional icing on marshmallow leaves. Sprinkle with candy and glitter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This