Holiday Thumbprint Cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pecans finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) currant jelly or other tart jelly
- 1) Heat oven to 300 degrees. In large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms. Set aside.
- 2) In small mixing bowl, beat egg whites and water at high speed until foamy. Set aside.
- 3) Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Dip balls into egg white mixture. Roll balls in pecans. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Indent top of each cookie with thumb. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until set.
- 4) Immediately indent cookies again. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon jelly into each thumbprint. Cool completely before storing. (Do not stack cookies.)
- Tip: Use end of spoon to make indentation in top of hot cookies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jillybean5036 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note