Holiday Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium-size sweet potatoes, boiled, peeled, and mashed (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Combine potatoes, sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, rind, juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 1- quart casserole.
- Combine pecans and coconut; sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture. Dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until topping is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note