- 2 (29-oz.) cans cut sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
- 2/3 ounces brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Mash until smooth. Spoon into a lightly greased 11"x17" baking dish.
Stir together cranberries, apple, sugar and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cranberries burst. Add walnuts; stir well. Spoon over sweet potatoes in dish.
Combine brown sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons water and butter in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Pour over cranberries and sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes, or just until heated through.