Holiday rosemary bread
Tips-1)Dried sage leaves can be used in place of rosemary or a slightly different loaf. Good served with-1)Roast pork or turkey or arole and chicory salad,rice pilaf,cinnamon tea and pumpkin pie for dessert.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 package(s) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water 9105`F TO115`F)
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary (crushed)
- 3/4 cup(s) golden raisins
- 3/4 cup(s) walnuts (chopped)
- 4 to 4 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1)Scald the milk.2)Cut the butter into cubes and add to the milk,along with the sugar and salt.3)Cool to lukewarm.4)Meanwhile,dissolve the yeast in the warm water.5)Combine milk mixture,yeast and eggs.6)Stir in rosemary,raisins and walnuts.6)Gradually beat in flour,one cup at a time.7)Dough will be sticky.8)Cover and let rise about 1 hour until spongy.8)Beat down.9)Spoon into a well-buttered fluted tube pan.10)Let rise 30 min.11)Bake at 350`f for 45 to 50 minutes or until richly golden.12)Remove from pan immediately.13)Finish cooling on a wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note