1. Cut 12 (1-inch-deep) slits in top and bottom of roast.
2. Stir together garlic, next 3 ingredients, and 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil to form a paste. Rub mixture into slits. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 12 hours. Let roast stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
3. Brown roast on all sides in remaining 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a heavy-duty roasting pan over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Stir together tomato sauce and next 3 ingredients; pour over roast in roasting pan.
5. Bake, covered, at 325° for 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 135°. Remove roast, reserving sauce in roasting pan. Keep roast warm.
6. Whisk together flour and beef broth until smooth; whisk into sauce mixture in pan. Cook mixture, whisking frequently, over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with roast.