- 1 (4 1/2- to 5-lb.) eye-of-round roast
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
How to Make It
Cut 12 (1-inch-deep) slits in top and bottom of roast.
Stir together garlic, next 3 ingredients, and 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil to form a paste. Rub mixture into slits. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 12 hours. Let roast stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Brown roast on all sides in remaining 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a heavy-duty roasting pan over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.
Stir together tomato sauce and next 3 ingredients; pour over roast in roasting pan.
Bake, covered, at 325° for 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 135°. Remove roast, reserving sauce in roasting pan. Keep roast warm.
Whisk together flour and beef broth until smooth; whisk into sauce mixture in pan. Cook mixture, whisking frequently, over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Serve gravy with roast.