Just tried this recipe, I loved it so much I couldn't stop eating the muffins.
Holiday Pumpkin Bread
You can serve this with or without the glaze. The loaves make great gifts.
Yield: Makes 2 loaves
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 cup CRISCO Oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- CRISCO No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Orange Glaze (optional)
- Beat first 11 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until blended. Stir in walnuts and raisins. Pour batter into 2 (9- x 5-inch) dark, nonstick loafpans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool loaves in pans on wire racks 15 minutes; remove from pans, and let cool completely. Drizzle bread with Orange Glaze, if desired.
- Note: For light, shiny loafpans, bake 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Holiday Pumpkin Muffins: Spoon batter evenly (about 1/4 cup each) into lightly greased muffin pans. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately; cool on wire racks. Makes 3 dozen.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note