These pears are absolutely delicious and a holiday favorite.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 368
- Calories from fat: 3%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 96g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Sodium: 1.8mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 4 firm-ripe pears such as d'Anjou or Bosc (about 2 1/2 lb. total)
- 1/2 rinsed lemon (about 2 oz. total), thinly sliced (ends discarded)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. Sort cranberries and discard stems and any bruised or decayed fruit. Rinse and drain berries. Peel pears; cut in half and core. In a 2- to 2 1/2-quart baking dish, combine cranberries, pears, and lemon slices.
- 2. In a 1- to 2-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir sugar, vinegar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and 1/2 cup water until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved. Pour over fruit. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- 3. Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven until pears are tender when pierced, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Holiday Pears Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts