I have been looking for "The Lane Cake" receipe that my mother used to make from scratch, for a very special occasion! I remember the impression that the preparation was very "labor intensive." The taste of the cake was wonderful!
Holiday Lane Cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix (we tested with Duncan Hines)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Raisin-Nut Filling
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package fluffy white frosting mix (we tested with Betty Crocker)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Garnish: maraschino cherries with stems
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool on wire racks. Wrap cake layers in nonstick aluminum foil and freeze 30 minutes. (This step aids in frosting the finished product.)
- Unwrap layers. Spread Raisin-Nut Filling between layers, reserving about 1 1/3 cups for top of cake.
- Beat frosting mix and 1/2 cup boiling water at low speed 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl; beat at high speed 5 to 7 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spread frosting on sides of cake. Spread reserved filling on top of cake. Let stand at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts