Holiday Lane Cake
Why invest in a tablescape when you can adorn your table with a show-stopping cake instead? This beauty starts with cake mix and store-bought icing, then adds rich homemade flavor in the fruit-and-nut filling. Besides, haven't you always wanted to make a bow out of candy?
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Nutty Fruit Filling
- 1 (7.2-ounce) package fluffy white frosting mix
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Holly Leaves
- Assorted red candies
- Candy Bow
- Fruit-shaped candies (optional)
- White sugar crystals
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round or square cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Nutty Fruit Filling between layers. Set aside.
- Beat frosting mix and 1/2 cup boiling water at low speed 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl; beat at high speed 5 to 7 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Spread frosting on top and sides of cake. Arrange Holly Leaves around top of cake to resemble a wreath. Arrange candies for berries and place Candy Bow on wreath. Place fruit candies between leaves, if desired. Sprinkle cake with sugar crystals.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note