Holiday Herbal Infusion
After the typical holiday indulgence, your body needs a break. Herbs, restorative and refreshing, make wonderful infusions. For the holiday season, I like this combination with the spicy kick of ginger and the digestive properties of fresh rosemary. Serve with shortbread. Cook: 12 minutes.
- 4 mint sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs, stems discarded
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- Garnishes: lime wedges, rosemary sprigs
- Boil herbs in 4 cups water 5 minutes. Turn off heat; cover and let seep 5 minutes. Pass through sieve, and discard herbs. Stir in honey, and serve hot with lime slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note