Baked ham is great to have on hand during the holidays - not only for sandwiches, but for breakfast as well. Serve with hot biscuits, baked cheese grits, and a fresh fruit salad. It's delicious cold, but if you prefer, you can quickly pan-fry the slices in a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat, 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- 1 (8- to 10-pound) fully cooked, bone-in ham
- 48 whole cloves
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup cola soft drink
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Remove skin from ham, and trim fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make shallow cuts in fat in a diamond pattern. Push cloves into ham in a decorative pattern; place ham in a greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. Pour mixture evenly over ham.
- Bake on lower oven rack at 350º for 2 hours and 30 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140º, basting with pan juices every 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool. Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note