This is a good recipe, but not holiday-worthy. I made it for Thanksgiving this year. Everyone agreed that it was fine for an everyday dish, but nothing special.
Holiday Green Beans
You can serve these quick and easy green beans any time of year, not just during the holidays. Add the sour cream at the last minute.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 45
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 185mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons butter or stick margarine
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- Combine first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Steam green beans, covered, 5 minutes or until tender. Keep warm. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in mustard mixture and green beans; toss well. Cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream, and remove from heat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables