Holiday Granola Bars
Yield: 2 dozen
More From Oxmoor House
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating well. Stir in honey, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients; add to butter mixture, stirring well. Press mixture into a foil-lined 13" x 9" pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into bars while warm. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Note: Always taste nuts and sunflower seeds before using in a recipe. If not stored properly, they become rancid quickly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts