- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
How to Make It
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating well. Stir in honey, yogurt, and vanilla.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients; add to butter mixture, stirring well. Press mixture into a foil-lined 13" x 9" pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into bars while warm. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Note: Always taste nuts and sunflower seeds before using in a recipe. If not stored properly, they become rancid quickly.