This lightened version of a traditional Swedish holiday punch takes the chill off winter nights.
Yield: 18 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 72
- Protein: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 18.6g
- Sodium: 7mg
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles dry red wine
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain liquid through a sieve into a bowl, discarding cloves and cinnamon sticks. Return liquid to saucepan. Stir in wine, raisins, and sugar, and cook mixture over medium heat just until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thoroughly heated. Serve warm.
- Note: Nonalcoholic dry red wine may be substituted for regular wine, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note