- 1 1/2 cups molasses
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- Molasses Whipped Cream
- Garnishes: chopped fresh pineapple, fresh blueberries
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a separate bowl; stir into molasses mixture until smooth. Spoon batter into a buttered 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Cut gingerbread into squares. Serve with a dollop of Molasses Whipped Cream, and garnish, if desired.