This was surprisingly easy to "make". Cake should be a bit thawed before trying to cut it. It can break apart. I sprinkled 1/4 cup of chopped pecans to the cream cheese/ brown sugar after I spread it on the bottom layer. This is a great coffee and cake breakfast for guests.
Holiday Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Beth Dreiling Hontzas
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
Cool: 10 Minutes
- 1 (11.5-oz.) frozen pecan coffee cake, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1. Remove coffee cake from package; remove and discard plastic overwrap.
- 2. Slice coffee cake in half horizontally. Spread softened cream cheese on bottom half of coffee cake; sprinkle with brown sugar. Place top layer of coffee cake right side up on bottom layer.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Holiday Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch