Holiday Cranberry Pork Roast
Cranberry sauce and juice impart a sweet flavor to this savory pork roast...it's a delicious change from roast turkey during the holidays.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 (2 1/2-lb.) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 (16-oz.) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place pork in a 5-quart oval slow cooker. Stir together cranberry sauce and next 4 ingredients. Pour cranberry mixture over pork. Cover and cook on high setting one hour; reduce heat to low setting and cook 4 1/2 hours or until pork is tender.
- Skim fat from drippings in slow cooker. Measure drippings to equal 2 cups, adding water if necessary. Pour drippings into a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir together cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to drippings and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in salt. Serve gravy with sliced pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes