This is a great recipe! I like that these can be made ahead, and they look so impressive.
Holiday Chicken Presents
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (17 1/4-ounce) packages frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 12 (1-ounce) Swiss cheese slices
- 12 (1-ounce) country ham slices
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt.
- Cook chicken in a lightly greased nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet; chop chicken, and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat; add shallots and onion, and sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese and milk, stirring until blended.
- Remove from heat; add chopped chicken. Stir in sherry and next 3 ingredients.
- Unfold 3 pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface; cut into fourths. Roll into 10-inch squares.
- Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on center of each puff pastry square; top with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Bring corners together over filling, gently pressing to seal.
- Cut remaining pastry sheet into thin strips; tie each bundle with pastry ribbon. Place on a baking sheet; brush with egg white.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden. Whisk together melted butter and next 3 ingredients. Serve over pastry bundles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This