Yes, this recipe is missing the cooking temperature, however, with a little help from Google and a little experimentation, I found the perfect temperature to be 350 degrees and the cooking time to be more like 55 - 60 minutes (or until tender). This really is a tasty dish; almost like a desert. In fact, I get requests from family and friends to bring this dish to gatherings quite often as well as requests for the recipe too. When I am in a hurry, I buy the butternut squash cubed and peeled from Trader Joes. This is not the most economical or necessarily the freshest way to go, but works just fine in a jiffy. Also worth mentioning, butternut squash is rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants and considered a power food - another great reason to give it a try. I give this recipe two thumbs up.
Holiday Butternut Squash with Apple & Cranberries
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Omega Plus, melted
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 1-3/4 lbs.), cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- In 1 1/2-quart baking dish, combine all ingredients. Season, if desired, with salt. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables