Delightfully delicious and festive! Always a big hit on the cookie tray or as a sweet holiday gift with a gift-sized package of coffee and a mug!
From a holiday cookie magazine; unknown.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) butter softened
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) anise seed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fennel seed
- 1 cup(s) dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup(s) pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup(s) dried apricots, snipped
- 1 egg
- 1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat until combined. Beat in the 3 eggs, vanilla and almond extract until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Stir in the anise, fennel seeds, cranberries, pistachios and apricots. Cover and chill for 2 hours until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 12-inch long log about 1 1/2" thick. Place logs 3 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten each log to a 1/4 inch thick. Combine the 1 egg and 1 tbsp water. Brush egg mixtures over loaves.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until light brown. Cool loaves on cookie sheet for 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 4. When loaves are cool, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Transfer loaves to a cutting board. Cut each loaf diagonally in 1/2 inch slices. Lay slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Turn slices over; bake 5 minutes more or until biscotti are dry and crisp. Transfer to wire rack; cool. Makes about 48.
- TO STORE: place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 22Janet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Holiday Biscotti Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies