My mother in law made this for new years and I immediately had to scramble to find the recipe to save it for myself. Amazing tenderloin and beef seasoning. Compliments the meat and keeps it uber moist. Didn't take very long to marinate at all and it still seemed to permeate through the meat. Also add it all! I was skeptical about nutmeg on beef but it must have done something because none of the tastes were that distinctive but melded perfectly together. Make this! Six 5 star reviews can not steer you wrong
Holiday Beef Tenderloin
For a beef tenderloin recipe that's perfect for holiday entertaining, coat the tenderloin in a spice mixture of cumin, nutmeg and red pepper before roasting and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (5-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Garnishes: fresh rosemary sprigs, fresh sage sprigs
- Combine first 7 ingredients.
- Rub tenderloin with oil; coat with spice mixture. Place in a roasting pan; cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake at 500° 15 minutes or until browned. Lower temperature to 375°; bake for 20 more minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice; serve with horseradish mayonnaise. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This