- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (5-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Garnishes: fresh rosemary sprigs, fresh sage sprigs
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients.
Rub tenderloin with oil; coat with spice mixture. Place in a roasting pan; cover and chill 8 hours.
Bake at 500° 15 minutes or until browned. Lower temperature to 375°; bake for 20 more minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice; serve with horseradish mayonnaise. Garnish, if desired.