You can substitute other beans. I have made this with many kinds of beans and it always turns out great. I always use the one can of pork and beans though.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) kidney beans drained
- 1 can(s) butter beans drained
- 1 can(s) lima beans drained
- 1 large can pork and beans do not drain
- 1/2 pound(s) bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) kethup
- 1 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) vinegar
- Cut bacon into small pieces then fry with onion. Pour off most of the fat, but not all. While frying bacon mix together the molasses, brown sugar, ketchup, dry mustard, sugar and vinegar. Then add bacon and onion mixture. Mix all together with the beans. Bake in casserole dish for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Paparazzi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Holiday Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables