Hole Molé Autumn Burger
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Tropical Foodâs Mexicali FireÂ®
- 2 tablespoon(s) grape seed oil
- 1 small onion coarsely chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic coarsely chopped
- 3 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 cup(s) canned tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon(s) molasses
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- Â½ tablespoon(s) New Mexico chili powder
- Â¾ teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- Â½ teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- Â½ teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 ounce(s) dark chocolate
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- 1 gallon(s) canola oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Pinch of ground pumpkin spice
- 1 pound(s) ground chuck (93/7%)
- 1 pound(s) chorizo sausage casing removed
- 4 poppy seed Kaiser rolls toasted
- 1 head(s) red leaf lettuce, chiffonade
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 1 onion
- Heat oil in saucepan until it begins to shimmer.
- Add onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook about 20 seconds.
- Stir in chicken stock, pureed tomatoes, chipotle, molasses, honey, New Mexico chili powder, cinnamon, allspice and ground cloves.
- Bring mole to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add Mexicali Fire® and stir occasionally for 30 minutes until mixture has reduced by half.
- Carefully transfer the mixture into blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the mixture to saucepan over high heat.
- Add chocolate and cook until reduced to a sauce consistency about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- Pre-heat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Slice sweet potatoes thinly and rinse under cold water until water runs clear.
- Pat dry and add to fryer; cook until golden orange.
- Transfer to paper towel and season with pumpkin spice to taste.
- Pre-heat grill to high heat.
- Combine sausage and ground chuck.
- Divide burgers into 4 equal portions, 8 ounces each.
- Make a deep impression in the center of each burger, using your thumb.
- Brush the burgers on both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides.
- About a minute before removing burgers from grill, top with Muenster cheese and melt.
- Transfer to toasted rolls and top burger with mole sauce, tomato, onion and lettuce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note