- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) water
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Make a well in the middle and add the oil and a little water.
- Knead, adding the rest of the water little by little. Let the dough sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- When the dough is ready to make hojaldre, heat a pan with the oil for frying over medium high heat. To form the hojaldre, take a golf ball size of dough and strech it by hand until its roughly 6 inches in diameter. Drop the streched dough into the hot oil and fry until its golden brown, turning once. The dough will puff up and part of the hojaldre will be crispy and parts will be bready.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MsMona12 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note