There was nothing interesting about this dish and we will not be making it again. Very disappointing as it looked good but lacked flavor.
Hoisin Pork With Vegetables and Noodles
Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup bean threads and 1 1/4 cups stir-fry)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 186mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, halved lengthwise then sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch-wide strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2-inch-wide strips
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1. Combine hoisin, vinegar, ginger, and 3 tablespoons water in a bowl; set aside. Place bean threads in a separate bowl; cover with boiling water, and let stand 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Dredge the pork in cornstarch. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, sauté pork 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and just cooked through. Remove with slotted spoon. Add remaining oil, then add bell pepper, carrot, peas, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, about 2–3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add reserved hoisin mixture to the pan; bring to a boil. Add pork, and cook 1 minute or just until pork is heated through.
- 3. Place the bean threads on a platter, and top with the stir-fry. Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine