This was pretty good. It was a little bland for my taste. I added a dash of cayenne and soy sauce to the leftovers and served it with brown rice. Those changes made it better.
Hoisin Pork and Snow Pea Stir-Fry
The slightly sweet, soy-based hoisin sauce is to Chinese food what ketchup is to American food. Look for hoisin and rice noodles with other Asian foods in most supermarkets.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup noodles and about 1 cup pork mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 395
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 28.1g
- Carbohydrate: 43.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 690mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles or rice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups snow peas, trimmed (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pork, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, hoisin, cornstarch, and honey in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from pan. Add remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil to pan. Stir in peas, bell pepper, ginger, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Return pork mixture to pan; stir in broth mixture. Simmer 2 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in green onions. Serve pork mixture over the noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes