- 4 ounces uncooked rice noodles or rice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 cups snow peas, trimmed (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- calories 395
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fat 9.6 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 28.1 g
- carbohydrate 43.7 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 74 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 690 mg
- calcium 53 mg
How to Make It
Prepare rice noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and pork, tossing to coat. Set aside.
Combine remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, broth, hoisin, cornstarch, and honey in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from pan. Add remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil to pan. Stir in peas, bell pepper, ginger, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Return pork mixture to pan; stir in broth mixture. Simmer 2 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in green onions. Serve pork mixture over the noodles.