We really enjoyed this recipe. We used butter lettuce (aka Boston Bibb). It worked perfectly.
Hoisin Pork in Lettuce Cups
For an easy and crowd-pleasing dinner idea, try Hoisin Pork in Lettuce Cups—a tasty slow-cooker recipe.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 127mg
- Sodium: 1137mg
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 24 large lettuce leaves
- 1. In slow cooker, toss pork with soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce. Cover and cook on low until tender, about 6 hours.
- 2. In a bowl, mix remaining 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce, hoisin, carrot, cilantro and scallions. Using a slotted spoon, add pork to bowl; mix well. Add a few tablespoons of cooking liquid to moisten pork mixture as desired. Spoon into lettuce leaves, and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note