Hoisin Pork Burgers with Pickled Vegetables
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, divided
- 1 cup thinly shaved carrot
- 1 cup thinly shaved daikon radish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns, split horizontally
How to Make It
Combine sugar, 1/4 cup vinegar, and 3 tablespoons water in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until bubbling. Add carrot and radish; toss to combine. Let stand 15 minutes; drain well. Stir in cilantro.
Meanwhile, combine hoisin sauce, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
Place 3 tablespoons hoisin mixture in a medium bowl. Add pork, butter, salt, and pepper; mix gently to combine. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions; gently shape each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Lightly coat patties with cooking spray.
Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Grill patties 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove patties from grill; grill buns, cut sides down, 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Remove buns from grill, and top bun bottoms evenly with remaining 3 tablespoons hoisin mixture, pickled vegetables, and bun tops.