Very good! A little time consuming to cut the cucumber and carrots into matchsticks, but the flavors were great. The peanut sauce was excellent! Will definitely make it again. I think adding some water chestnuts and roasted peanuts would be really good to give it a little extra crunch.
Lettuce Wraps with Hoisin-Peanut Sauce
You'll love these Asian-inspired lettuce wraps with their tangy hoisin-peanut sauce.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 39 Minutes
- Calories: 355
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 16.2g
- Carbohydrate: 42.6g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 568mg
- Calcium: 224mg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 6 thinly sliced green onions (about 2/3 cup), divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 cup matchstick-cut cucumbers
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 cups hot cooked sticky rice
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1. To prepare sauce, heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallot, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water and next 3 ingredients (through red pepper), and stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
- 2. To prepare filling, spread crumbled tofu in a single layer on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 1/3 cup green onions; sauté 1 minute. Add tofu; sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and Sriracha; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in cucumbers, carrots, and remaining green onions.
- 4. Spoon 1/4 cup rice into each lettuce leaf. Top with about 1/2 cup tofu mixture; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cilantro. Serve with sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note