Made this with Black Angus sirloin and it was very tasty. The glaze is definitely a keeper, would use again on just about anything - chicken, pork, shrimp, salmon etc.
Hoisin Grilled Sirloin
Use a grill pan to make quick work of the steak, or take the opportunity to fire up the grill in nice weather. For colorful and healthy sides, serve stir-fried snow peas and brown rice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 213
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 477mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound top sirloin
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Sprinkle salt over beef. Add beef to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Brush both sides of beef with hoisin mixture. Cut beef across the grain into thin slices.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note