The whole family love this steak. We did think that the flavor would be much better and stronger if the steak were allowed to marinate in the hoisin glaze overnight before grilling, but it was still delicious. You can read my full review at Taking On Magazines: http://bit.ly/11H0tWR
Hoisin-Glazed Steak with Sesame Vegetables
Serve with Soba Noodle Salad. A splash of fish sauce adds a rich, savory flavor to the glaze, but it's OK to omit it if you don't have it on hand.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 36 Minutes
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 466mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup English cucumber, halved lengthwise and diagonally sliced
- 1 cup sliced radishes, halved
- 1/4 cup torn fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- Soba Noodle Salad
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Combine vinegar, sesame oil, and soy sauce in a medium bowl; add cucumber and radishes. Sprinkle with cilantro and salt; toss gently to coat.
- 3. Combine hoisin and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper) in a small bowl. Brush half of hoisin mixture over steak. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes. Turn steak over, and brush with remaining hoisin mixture; grill 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices; serve with vegetables.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note