I didn't really like these at all. There are so many better salmon recipes out there. I found the ginger very overpowering of the salmon. The only thing that was ok in this recipe were the pickles, however I would rather just buy pickles then make them. I wouldn't make these again.
Hoisin-Glazed Salmon Burgers with Pickled Cucumber
Quick-pickled cukes give these burgers tart crunch. Panko and egg white hold the patties together. Use cilantro leaves on the burgers as you would lettuce for herby freshness.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 38 Minutes
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 30.1g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 473mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 24 thin English cucumber slices
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 (1-pound) skinless wild fresh or frozen Alaskan salmon fillet, finely chopped
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns with sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add cucumber. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Combine panko and the next 7 ingredients (through egg white) in a bowl, and stir well. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in the center of each patty.
- 3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add patties; cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Brush tops of patties evenly with hoisin; cook for 30 seconds.
- 4. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun; top each patty with 6 cucumber slices and top half of bun.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches