Hoisin-Glazed Chicken With Sugar Snap Peas
Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: about 5 ounces chicken and 2/3 cup peas)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 394
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 47g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 135mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 732mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (2-pound) warm rotisserie chicken, skin and wings removed, cut into 6 pieces
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sliced bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add peas, and cook for 1–2 minutes or until tender but still bright green. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- 2. Whisk together the hoisin sauce and the next three ingredients (through honey); heat in a large skillet over medium heat. Once mixture begins to bubble, add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1–2 minutes. Add chicken pieces, and stir about 1 minute or until heated through. Transfer chicken and sauce to a large bowl; toss until chicken is well glazed.
- 3. Return skillet to stove, add sesame oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Add snap peas and roasted peppers; cook about 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt; remove from heat.
- 4. Divide chicken among 6 plates, and sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds. Serve peas alongside chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note