- 4 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 scallions, halved and cut into 4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- calories 272
- protein 44 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fat 3 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 0.8 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- fiber 3 g
- sugars 5 g
- calories 65.5 %
- calories 23.8 %
- caloriesfromfat 10.6 %
How to Make It
Heat broiler on high.
Rinse the cutlets and pat dry with paper towels. Pound the cutlets to an even thinness. Place on a broiler pan.
In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of the rice vinegar, and the fish sauce (if using). Transfer 2 tablespoons of the glaze to a large bowl and stir in the remaining rice vinegar. Add the cabbage, peppers, scallions, and cilantro and toss. Cover and refrigerate.
Pour about 1 tablespoon of the remaining glaze into a small bowl; set aside as a finishing sauce. Brush the chicken with the glaze that remains. Broil, brushing occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Spoon the reserved glaze over the top. Serve with the slaw.