I gave this 2 stars because I didn't think that think that much of the hoisin flavor made its way into the pork. I wouldn't make it again.
Hoisin and Bourbon-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Add a little sweetness to smoked pork by adding hoisin sauce and maple syrup to the bourbon marinade, and then balance that sweetness with the acidity of lime juice and rice vinegar. This is one of our most popular pork tenderloin recipes
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 209
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 452mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1 cup hickory wood chips
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste with garlic
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Soak wood chips in water 30 minutes; drain well.
- Prepare grill.
- Combine hoisin sauce and next 7 ingredients (hoisin through garlic) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Slice pork lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Open halves, laying pork flat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add wood chips to grill. Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes. Turn and baste pork with hoisin mixture; cook 5 minutes. Turn and baste pork with hoisin mixture; cook 5 minutes or until pork reaches 155° or desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut pork into 1/2-inch slices.
- Hoisin and Bourbon-Glazed Tuna:
- Follow steps 1 through 3 above. Sprinkle 6 (6-ounce) tuna steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add wood chips to grill. Place tuna steaks on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes. Turn and baste tuna with hoisin mixture; cook 5 minutes. Turn and baste tuna with hoisin mixture; cook 2 minutes or until tuna flakes easily when tested with a fork. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 tuna steak).
- Nutrition per serving: CALORIES 328 (26% from fat); FAT 9.4g (sat 2.4g, mono 3.1g, poly 2.9g); Protein 42.9g; CARB 12.2g; FIBER 0.4g; CHOL 70mg; IRON 2.1mg; SODIUM 502mg; CALC 25mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note