Hoisin Beef Stew with Snow Peas
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Susan Vajaranant
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 614
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Protein: 57g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 216mg
- Sodium: 1512mg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 14-oz. jar hoisin sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 8 ounces snow peas, halved crosswise
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced
- 1. Warm oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle short ribs with salt and brown on all sides, turning with tongs, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk hoisin sauce, 1/2 cup water, garlic and ginger. Pour over short ribs. Cover; cook on low until meat is falling off bones, 6 to 7 hours.
- 3. Stir in snow peas, cover and cook until warmed through, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes