- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 14-oz. jar hoisin sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 8 ounces snow peas, halved crosswise
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced
- calories 614
- fat 28 g
- satfat 12 g
- protein 57 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 216 mg
- sodium 1512 mg
How to Make It
Warm oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle short ribs with salt and brown on all sides, turning with tongs, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a slow cooker.
In a bowl, whisk hoisin sauce, 1/2 cup water, garlic and ginger. Pour over short ribs. Cover; cook on low until meat is falling off bones, 6 to 7 hours.
Stir in snow peas, cover and cook until warmed through, 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.