Hogs in a Blanket
Photo: Chris Court
This fun, high-brow take on pigs in a blanket swaps spicy andouille sausage for the hot dogs, with sweet mustard chutney as a condiment.
Yield: 36 hors d'oeuvres
More From Food & Wine
Total: 50 Minutes
- 7 ounces all-butter puff pastry, thawed and cut into four 5-inch squares
- 1 (large) egg yolk mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 4 (3 ounces each) andouille sausages
- 1/4 cup Major Grey's chutney
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the center. Arrange the puff pastry squares on a work surface and brush the top edges with the egg wash. Place the sausages on the bottom edges and roll up the pastry, pressing the edges to seal. Freeze the logs for 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut the logs into 1/2-inch slices and place them cut side up in 3 mini muffin pans. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Turn out onto a paper towel-lined rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, pulse the chutney and mustard just until the chutney is chopped. Spoon a dollop of the chutney mustard on each slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers