Of course, my family and I give this five stars! I have three picky boys but there are no picky eaters when this meal comes out of the oven! Superb! Stress free and mom friendly!
This is a great, stress free, recipe for when your cuboards are bare. It is easy to prepare and it has only three ingredients! It is a family favorite!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package of Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 Extra Large container of Italian Sauce
- 3-4 cups of shredded white cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Put a layer of italian sauce on the bottom of a rectangular, 13 by 9, glass pan. I use Prego Mushroom Heart Smart. Then, put one layer of angel hair pasta on top. I use Barilla Plus, the kids love it and it is healthy. Next, proceed to put on another layer of italian sauce until all noodles are covered and wet. Layer with shredded cheese. I prefer white cheeses, specifically a provolone/ mozzarella mix, but this is about what you have in your cuboards, right? ;)
- Most people use ricotta cheese and even cottage cheese in their lasagna, which you can add but I never have these in my cuboard. Do you? If so, just throw that on too! Yum!
- Repeat these steps 2-3 times until pan is full, or you run out of ingredients, which ever comes first. ;)
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 1 hour.
- If you like burnt cheese (Yum), afterwards, broil until the cheese browns.
- While the Hillbilly Lasagna is cooking, I make Hillbilly Cheesy Garlic Bread.
- You just need butter, garlic powder, and leftover shredded cheese. Mix butter and garlic powder to taste. Spread on bread and top with shredded cheese. Throw in the oven during the last 10 minutes of the lasagnas cooking time.
- If you have lots of spices, I like to add onion salt, oregeno flakes, and paprika to my garlic butter too. Oooo La La!
- Enjoy with a salad!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MalinaFaith and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hillbilly Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes