Hilda's Potato Salad
- 8 medium Idaho potatoes boiled in water with skins on until well done
- 3 hard cooked eggs (Diced except for 6 slices to garnish)
- 1 medium onion, diced or 4 to 6 chopped green onions
- 1/4 c diced dill pickle
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1 t dried chopped chives (optional)
- 1 T celery seed
- 2 T garlic powder
- 1 T prepared mustard (prefer spicy brown)
- 1 T vinegar
- 1 T accent (optional)
- 1 T seasoned salt
- 1-1/3 c sour cream
- 3/4 to 1 cup Hellmans or Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/2 c grated cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients except potatoes, eggs, mayo and sour cream.
- Peel and dice potatoes while still very warm to hot. Add to above mixture with diced eggs. Add mayo and sour cream and mix thoroughly so that it mixture sticks together and is moist but not soupy.
- Top with sliced eggs and sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 to 6 hours before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hilda's Potato Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads