High-wire Haricots Verts
This colorful dish should entice even the shyest veggie eater to dig in. Bright green beans, red peppers, and thinly sliced red radishes give your child the nutrients he needs, while the sweet mandarin oranges and ginger-soy vinaigrette satisfy his sweet tooth.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, cut vertically into thin slivers
- 1 (8 1/4-ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette
- Cook beans and peas in boiling salted water 30 seconds to 1 minute or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process, and drain well.
- Add remaining ingredients, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note