High-Protein Vegan "Beef" and Broccoli over Quinoa
High-Protein Vegan "Beef" and Broccoli over Quinoa This recipe that Christine came up with includes all four of the high-protein vegetarian foods from this post. (My contribution was coming up with the moniker "wheef and broccoli," which I recommend you avoid calling it if you don't want to gross out your friends.)
Yield: 2 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 pound(s) seitan
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 head(s) Onion
- 1/4 head(s) Brocolli
- 4 teaspoon(s) canonla
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) agave
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) ginger fresh
- 1 tablespoon(s) black bean paste
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth or 1/2 tblsp veggie concentrate
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon black bean paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Bring the water to a boil, add quinoa and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender, let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork when ready to serve.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well to dissolve corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat the two teaspoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seitan, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes to brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook for two minutes and add broccoli. Cover and let cook for 5-10 minutes, checking the broccoli until it is crisp-tender. When it is, add sauce and browned seitan and cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve with additional soy sauce and Sriracha sauce if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cjaeckel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note