High-Protein Vegan "Beef" and Broccoli over Quinoa
High-Protein Vegan "Beef" and Broccoli over Quinoa This recipe that Christine came up with includes all four of the high-protein vegetarian foods from this post. (My contribution was coming up with the moniker "wheef and broccoli," which I recommend you avoid calling it if you don't want to gross out your friends.)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 pound(s) seitan
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 head(s) Onion
- 1/4 head(s) Brocolli
- 4 teaspoon(s) canonla
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) agave
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) ginger fresh
- 1 tablespoon(s) black bean paste
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable broth or 1/2 tblsp veggie concentrate
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon black bean paste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Bring the water to a boil, add quinoa and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender, let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork when ready to serve.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well to dissolve corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat the two teaspoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seitan, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes to brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook for two minutes and add broccoli. Cover and let cook for 5-10 minutes, checking the broccoli until it is crisp-tender. When it is, add sauce and browned seitan and cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve with additional soy sauce and Sriracha sauce if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cjaeckel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note