1. To prepare basting liquid, combine first 10 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat; refrigerate in an airtight container overnight or up to 2 days.
2. Preheat charcoal grill to high heat. Set up an elevated grill rack 18 inches above surface of coals, using a second grill rack set atop 2 stacks of 2 bricks each. Tie herb sprig bunches tightly to the handle of a long wooden spoon.
3. Combine 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic salt, and red pepper in a small bowl. Rub steaks with spice mixture; let stand 10 minutes. Place steaks on elevated grill rack; grill 3 minutes. Turn steaks; grill 3 minutes. Turn onto long edge; grill 3 minutes. Turn onto second long edge; grill 3 minutes or until thermometer registers 95°. Remove steaks to a platter; baste with basting liquid using herb brush. Let stand 15 minutes. Maintain grill at medium-high heat.
4. Carefully remove elevated grill rack and bricks. Place steaks on lower grill rack. Grill steaks for 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning and basting every minute. Singe herbs on herb brush for 5 seconds after final basting. Finely chop herbs; reserve.
5. Combine parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and reserved chopped herbs on a cutting board. Add steaks to oil mixture; turn to coat. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steaks across grain into thin slices. Turn slices in board dressing to coat. Serve steaks with dressing.