Hickory-Smoked Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup herb-seasoned dressing
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) pork loin chops, cut with pockets
- Hickory chips, soaked in water
- Liquid smoke
- Sauté onion and celery in butter in a medium saucepan until tender. Stir in dressing, water, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat . Spoon mixture into pockets of pork chops, and secure with wooden picks.
- Place coals to one side of covered grill; when coals are grey-white, sprinkle with hickory chips. Place chops on opposite side of grill from coals for in direct cooking; cover grill . Cook chops 1 hour or until well done, turning chops and sprinkling with liquid smoke every 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note