Hickory-Smoked Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup herb-seasoned dressing
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) pork loin chops, cut with pockets
- Hickory chips, soaked in water
- Liquid smoke
- Sauté onion and celery in butter in a medium saucepan until tender. Stir in dressing, water, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat . Spoon mixture into pockets of pork chops, and secure with wooden picks.
- Place coals to one side of covered grill; when coals are grey-white, sprinkle with hickory chips. Place chops on opposite side of grill from coals for in direct cooking; cover grill . Cook chops 1 hour or until well done, turning chops and sprinkling with liquid smoke every 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This