- 3 1/2 pounds pork loin half, boneless, butterflied to 1/2-inch thickness
- 8 cups stale white bread (1 loaf), 1/2 dice
- 4 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/4 cups dried cherries
- 1 package Jimmy Dean Hickory Smoked Roll Sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
How to Make It
Have your butcher butterfly the pork loin to a 1/2-inch thickness. Once butterflied, the pork loin should measure approximately 12 inches wide and 18 inches long.
Preheat oven to 500° F. Place bread, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, dried cherries and sausage into a mixing bowl. Add chicken stock and egg. Mix ingredients very well to moisten the bread. Place stuffing mixture evenly across the entire butterflied pork loin. Season with salt and black pepper. Roll the pork loin back into its natural shape and place in pan and bake in a 500° degree oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400° F and bake for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature is 155° F.