Hickory-Smoked Barbecue Shrimp
- 2 cups hickory chips
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 3 lemons, sliced
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup dry shrimp-and-crab boil seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- Soak wood chips in water at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal fire in grill; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain chips, and place on coals.
- Place layers of shrimp and lemon slices alternately in dish; brush with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with shrimp-and-crab boil seasoning, pepper, and hot sauce; dot with butter. Add wine to dish.
- Place dish on grill rack, and cook, covered with grill lid, 15 to 20 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink, stirring once.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Krraft Thick'n Spicy Hickory Smoked Barbecue Sauce and McCormick Shrimp-and-Crab Boil Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes